Monday, June 22, 2009

To All the Daddies Out There: Thanks


Seeing as yesterday was Father's Day, the daddies in my life have been on my mind; my dad, Jason, my wonderful grandpas, and my father-in-law. Having a wonderful Dad myself, one of the things I liked so much about Jason when we were dating was how much he reminded me of my dad (they both have the very annoying habit of being right all the time for one thing). I think that being a good parent is an ongoing process rather than a destination. Daddy says there's things he's still working on, which is encouraging for me as I know my mothering is quite a work in progress still! Jason's in the works of being a pretty wonderful Dad as well, and I love watching it happen. He's Ben and Brigham's hero, jungle gym, horse, and beloved Tickle-o-saurus. Luckily for me, I married a very practical and organized man who helps control the chaos around our home. He has always worked so hard to support and take care of our little family.
Daddies are vastly important in a child's life, and I feel truly blessed to have the posistive influence of so many righteous men to bless not only the lives of my children, but mine as well.
Life is good.

No comments: