Monday, June 15, 2009

Goodbye Landscaping. Goodbye Forever.

Lately I can't help but wonder who's more excited about summer vacation, Jason or me? With only five more class to go before exams, Jason is getting quite worn out with coaxing his school-weary students into exam readyness. Quite honestly, he needs the holiday much more than they do because he's been working harder. The things is, this will be the first summer he will actually be around, and the prospect of having him home for two entire months makes me grin in anticipation every time I think of it.
Let me explain. Ever since we've been married, Jason has worked long hard hours landscaping every summer. The only time we'd see him was early in the mornings (and how conversational would you really be at 5am delivering papers?), and late at night when he'd collapse exhausted on the couch. Usually, he'd work so late that by the time he got home the boys would be fast asleep. I was a work widow, but no more! This summer he'll be around for the family outings, walks and activities for the first time ever. We get to go on an actual family holiday! We went to the beach on Saturday, and he got to come play with the kids and bask in the sun instead of just slaving away in it. It was a wonderful time.
No more solo parenting outings for me! The boys will get to spend some good time with their Daddy too. What makes me the most excited though is knowing that this summer I finally get to bring my very best friend along on the fun of our summer adventures.
Hooray for a career in teaching!

5 comments:

Jaima said...

Sounds like fun! Enjoy the break you guys!

reddy said...

Oh, I'm going to miss Jason's halo.....

Jason said...

I didn't realize that my bronze-ness and lightning white hair would be missed. My summer has a new purpose: to maintain the appearance of doing landscaping without actually doing said landscaping.

reddy said...

Good luck with that.

Eileen Young said...

You deserve to have a carefree summer - you've earned it & i never heard a word of complaining. Congratulations. How wonderful for the boys - to have two adoring parents with them for the summer.