Friday, March 20, 2009

Angst in Munchkinland

Last night proved to be much more exciting than I'd anticipated! Settling into a cozy evening at home, it ended up with Jason taking Ben to the emergency room.
While I figured that it was only a matter of time before that would happen (Ben is the personification of perpetual motion), my guess would be that he'd need either a cast or stitches. What did happen was that over the course of two hours he couldn't walk because his legs became too sore, combined with a fever. Brigham and I were left for four anxious hours to imagine the worst (hey I'm a mom, of course my mind started playing out worst case scenarios!). They finally came home, with Ben now walking on his own without discomfort. Diagnosis? Viral infection. Nothing serious, I just need to keep him indoors (sigh) and give him his medication today. Now that is interesting: medicine time slowly escalates into a wrestling match!
Just another day on the frontlines of parenting. All I can say is, motherhood ain't for wimps!

3 comments:

reddy said...

I have to see I;m relieved to hear it wasn't worse. Auntie's are also very good at worse case scenarios. Have fun with the the wrestling matches! If I remember correctly, you were very good at those when you were a kid.

The Gibb Family said...

I'm glad you started this blog Katey - it will be nice to see what you guys are up to. Poor little Ben - at least it's nothing too major! Hopefully he feels better soon!

Jaima said...

Hope Benny feels better soon. Good luck with the wrestling. I can totally understand how unpleasant that can be- after a year and a half of the nebulizer for Blake's athsma!