Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Recently, Maclean's magazine discussed couples who decide not to have children. A main source was a French reporter who had written an article with 40 reasons not to have them. Shockingly, this woman actually has two children of her own(!).
To tell the truth, the whole article made me mad-the reasons these people came up with were either incredibly selfish, egoistical, or just an insult to intelligence. The reporter was the worst. But what was really upsetting, was that the article did not present the other view of the spectrum.
As an Latter-Day Saint, and a mother, it is no surprise that I think that parenting is crucial-and not just for society. Being a parent has taught me so many things. It all depends on your attitude, but I know that raising my children has strengthened me creatively, spiritually, mentally and physically. And least we forget, I'd say that the munchkins benefit from the arrangement as well! No other achievement will be greater than raising happy, good kids.
The world need good parents, now more than ever. That's why I was thrilled to discover an article in the National Post, a retaliation of some reasons to have children. It made me laugh.

Here's the link to the response. Take that!

3 comments:

Karen said...

The Blue Castle is one of my all time favorite books! Love love love it! Good pick :)

Janine said...

Heehee. I loved that article. I thought it was hilarious- Maclean's is like guilty pleasure reading when you want sensational, ill-researched "news".

Jaima said...

Liked the article. Had a good laugh.