Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Thompsons=Super Squad

Lately my munchkins have fallen under the craze of superheroes. They'll play it, watch it, and draw it. We have a DC Super Friends Batman, and that little dark knight is the hottest, most contested toy in our family. In the grips of this mania, I couldn't help but wonder; if we were a family of superheroes, what would our powers be?

Brigham-the mighty One Track, capable of focusing obsessively on one thing for great periods of time (e.g "Bird Mummy! Bird...bird...bird. Bird!" for at least twenty minutes)

Ben-the amazing Whiz Kid, moves at great speed, and never, ever wears out.

Jason-Technoman, who's mind defying powers over media is able to make it do his bidding.

Katey- Basilisk, who can terrify all with The Look, and able to persuade others to do her will.

So, what's your superpower?

2 comments:

Jaima said...

I think my super power is invisibility. Somehow, invisibly to my children, their lunch gets made, their clothes are washed, the bathrooms are cleaned . . . Also, requests to pick up coats, come for dinner, and brush teeth are unseen and unheard.

Ivy actually said earlier this year to Jeff "Mom doesn't have any powers. She's just an ordinary person. You just think she's extraordinary because you are in love with her." So far my secret identity is safe!

Blake's super power is flying. He is 100 percent certain of this, and told me once that, "Soon my wings will grow and then I can fly. Maybe on Wednesday or February."

Katey said...

Nice! Anonymity is crucial, and you seem to have that all sewn up. Tell Blake when he learns to fly he can swoop down and visit us on his own.