Monday, April 13, 2009

You Know You Live in a Small Branch When...

Amidst all the usual celebrations for Easter, we had one busy day yesterday. The branch here is small, but it shrank to an even smaller size over the holiday, leaving the rest of us to pick up the pieces. It was a Thompson takeover at church yesterday. We already have more than one calling each; Jason is the first councillor in the branch presidency and the clerk, I am the second one in Primary, plus the Primary music leader and sacrament pianist and conductor.Let me see, what was on the to do list yesterday:
-Jason left early to do clerk stuff (he is still learning the ropes)
-I attempt to get the kids ready on time just as they crash from the sugar high (thank you Easter Bunny)
-As only member of the presidency there, Jason conducts the meeting
-chorister MIA so I lead the music
-I give my talk
-Jason gives his talk
- I scramble madly after sacrament for a primary lesson when three of the four primary teachers go MIA, and no substitutes (!)
-Jason teaches the Young Men lesson (subbing)
-I teach singing time
-then sharing time to a group of bored, sugared out kids
-Jason stays late after church for more clerk stuff
-I collapse at home, hoping to recover
Needless to say, it was a relief to finally get home. Then all I had to to was make Easter dinner. After church, even tackling preparations for a large meal seemed like a piece of cake!

Upcoming in my next post:Thompson Revenge as I have a share a few choice words with those primary teachers!

7 comments:

Jaima said...

This is INSANE! Reading it is total comedy, but living it must have been like one of those old movies where people seem to move really, really fast. Kudos for being the amazing "I can do everything" girl.

The Gibb Family said...

haha! That sounds like the best day of church EVER! That little branch is very lucky to have you guys around!

AnnieD said...

Hi Katey, sounds like you had a super busy Easter Weekend. I hope the Easter Bunny left you some special deluxe German chocolate. Also, just found out you and Jaima are coming to Seattle in July! Yea! I'm so excited. Are you bringing your boys? Going to car trip with us after the wedding, to Grandma and Grandpas?

Katey said...

The boys will be stayong with Daddy, while I get to go on my very first solo trip ever since becoming a mom! I'm very excited! Can I be invited to your blog?

Jason said...

I do apologize on behalf of my wonderful wife for her atrocious spelling. Love you, Katey.

AnnieD said...

Hey, at least you'll always know if it's the real Katey posting or a good-speller-impostor.

If the whole Thompson family isn't coming on your trip, can you bring some pictures? Sorry, I don't have blog yet (can't start one until I come up with a good title) but I am on facebook sporadically.

Katey said...

Pepare yourself for a picture extravaganza this summer! Where are you on facebook? We need to communicate on a much more regular basis!