Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Baby Project

Due to a doctor shortage here in Slave LAke, the hospital currently is not delivering babies. As such, I will be going into Edmonton for Baby #4. Although I don't mind the monthly jaunt into town for my doctor appointments, the idea of hustling into town while in labour worried me, especially as Jason barely got me to St.Albert for baby Liam. The prospect of delivering Luke along the highway did not appeal to either of us, especially considering that the other three kids would most likely still be in the back seat!
Fortunantly my doctor has agreed that -due to distance and how fast my labours often are-he will induce me on my due date of March twelfth. While now having been warned on how intense inducement can be, I find a fixed date for when this baby will be arriving quite liberating. I know for certain that I will be pregnant for just over six weeks now, and it has given me an idea.
As always, there are things that I want to do before baby Luke arrives. This time though, I know just how much time I have and can plot accordingly. Hence The Baby Project: give myself a (small) list of things I hope to accomplish before March 12. These aren't the practical daily chores, but special things I want to get done.
I will be focusing on two areas: family preparation and sanity savers. I figure to doing at least one thing each week in both areas.

Here's the family prep. list:
- Go on at least two dates with Jason
-Take each of my three munchkins on a Mommy date
-Dejunk and drop off two bags to Goodwill
-Stash at least one meal in the freezer
-Baby knitting (which I have yet to begin)
-make valentines with the kids

Personal Sanity savers:
-Do a foot treatment
-A walk by myself
-Get ahead on my visiting teaching
-Scrapbook some family photos
-Don't cook supper at least twice
-Reread an old favourite

Here we go, let the countdown begin!

1 comment:

Nora said...

How exciting! And your little Luke will share a birthday with Eliot :)