Monday, September 14, 2009

Spudsation

So this morning I went to the garden to finish harvesting all my crop before these cool nights do any more devastation to my lovely veggies. I now have a big box filled with green tomatoes and about sixteen green pumpkins, and one gardener desperately hoping that they will ripen! But hands down my most plentiful crop has been the potato-we're up to our eyeballs with 'em here. Help!
Now being a Redd, eating potatoes is not my problem. Living with Daddy you have to either develop a taste for those little spuds or go hungry at the dinner table. I was a slow learner when it came to liking these tubers, but when I did I went all the way. A baked potato was my favourite after school snack once I learned how to nuke them, and I'd eat them just like an apple.
Nope, what I desperately need is inspiration, recipes. There are only so many times that you can serve up any vegetable in one form before you have a mutiny on your hands. while the potato is a marvellously adaptable thing when it comes to being put to use in the kitchen , I was hoping for suggestions from all you dear readers. What are you're favourite recipes for the humble spud?

4 comments:

reddy said...

You've probably already done this one but scalloped potatoes are by far my favourite. The Better Homes and Gardens recipe is the best.

Katey said...

Actuall, I prefer the one in "Eat, Shrink, and Be Merry". It's called "Darth Tater" and is delicious.

Eileen Young said...

Clam Chowder uses a lot of potatoes. Try it, it's very appetizing
Grannie

Karyn said...

Oven fries. Chop up the potatoes, toss with a little olive oil and spices, bake at 400. Add a few yam pieces and your potatoes will vanish.